Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Mullings over Pastina...



Mullings over pastina

This morning as I was preparing the kids’ lunch, pastina; I was mulling over some things.  I put the pot on the stove and began to boil the water under the highest heat setting so it would boil fast.  Now, I have put this setting on before, only to be burned with burnt Pastina, doing no one any good.  This time, I stayed there stirring the pot as much as I possibly could; watching it, stirring as needed, adding the ingredients; whatever it needed.  It then dawned on me that maybe my kids were crazy fast kind of people like the flame beneath the pot and if they were left alone for too much time, there would be some burnt people….for instnace;  We were almost burnt out of our home the other day when our five year old went upstairs to do my older son a favor and get him one of his Ds games.  He found a lighter, lit an incense, dropped it a couple of times on the rug, burning it, then finally threw it in the garbage can, where it smoldered until I smelled its smoke during dinner.  Ahrg!!  Thank God I found it before it caused more than burnt items in a can and smoke!  I guess it is in my best interest to keep on the pot that is my family so that no one else gets burned.  They are all so crazy active and run so fast, sometimes it's hard for me to catch up with them and have a life of my own. Thank God I do know how to juggle pretty well.  If I could only duplicate myself!  Life would be so much easier....but I have to teach myself to love their perfect imperfections. Lord knows I am far from perfect.

Loudly yours,

Alicia

3 comments:

  1. Haha!!! So true! We're pretty much all watching pots I think. About a year ago I was going crazy smelling something burning in my house...couldn't put my finger on what it smelled like, but it was definitely burning. I went into my son's room because it was really strong in there...Smelled like it was coming from where the lamp was plugged in. I was about to call the fire department because I thought it was maybe burning inside the wall....as I leaned over the lamp to pinpoint the smell, I saw a heap of plastic on the light bulb...melting away. My middle guy said he wanted to see the inside of the lego so he put it on the light. Thank God I found it when I did as it was smoking! They dont even need matches to get into mischief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe someday Alicia will tell the story of when our 2 youngest kids decided to repaint our newly remodeled bathroom....good times!

    ReplyDelete