Thursday, January 27, 2011

Love is a choice....

Yesterday's episode of American Idol for me was great. I must admit I have not been watching Idol in the past years, but I am huge fan of Jennifer Lopez and I think she is super adorable....such an inspiration for Latina women everywhere.  SO....I had to watch this week's show to watch since they are not re-playing the videos on the Idol Website. 

Hubby and I got to hang out and watch Idol together, which was a treat; so we marveled, laughed and cried watching the auditions.  If you watched last night, you will know which audition touched my heart the most: Chris Medina.  What a man.  His voice was great, but his story, nothing short of amazing.  He is engaged to be married to a woman named Juliana and his story even brought Steven Tyler to tears.  Here is a recap of the story from www.mlive.com: CHRIS LOVES JULI

Chris is the perfect example of what true love is.  He made a decision to love Juliana when she was whole and he decided to keep on loving her and being her second half.  He made the decision to love her, no matter what and that is what true love is.  Here is a clip of the song that he wrote while caring for her.  It is amazing.  

His song really touched my heart and I truly hope that they allow him to sing his song during the show.  It is an amazing story of his love. I love the lyrics, especially when it seems that he realizes that she, even in her condition, is a light in his life.  Instead of craving instant gratification and selfishness, he instead turns to see what a true beauty Juliana is. What an example to teach others about what it is to love.  It does not matter what the results may be, this man, in my eyes, has already won American Idol.  

Chris Medina, you are the kind of Idol that America truly needs.

Loudly yours,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment