Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Run for your life!!!!

Seems like there is a lot of gloom and doom in the natural disaster department these days. One glimpse of the video above shows the fear of the Pakistanis as they flee from the building.  A closer look, though (at about the 2 second mark) reveals a man calmly walking down the stairs as if he is going to go out for a smoke.  It really struck me as funny that he would be so calm when everyone else was in hysterics.  I wonder what was going through his mind....did he not care that the building might fall on his head?  Did he want the building to fall on him?  Or did he have his life together so well that if it ended today, it would be just ok with him.  Wow.  What a lesson to learn.  Calm in the midst of calamity.  I want some more of what it seems that he has.  Serenity.  Calmness.  Something lacking in my life, that I hope to gain in the future.  Serenity.  Serenity now!!!

Loudly yours,

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment