Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Fame

Fame has been a point of discussion at the Bozza abode lately. My eldest girls dream of being famous. "Rachael and I are going to be famous, because our fame lines are strong!"  "See, it's right here! Look, it says I am famous!"  

Fame.....such a fleeting thing....what does it really mean? According to the Webster Merriam Dictionary Site, it is defined as: 
 a : public estimation : reputation 
  b : popular acclaim : renown
Origin: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin fama report, fame; akin to Latin fari to speak- 

What is it that makes one "famous"?  Is it always a good thing, leading to great things?  I think not.  Just look at some of the reality shows out there and there seems to be a curse placed on them, a sort of ill fated kind of fame.  Take for instance the Gosselins....what a mess.  Yes, she has enjoyed a healthy income as of late, but for what?  A failed marriage with Jon?  Now there is no guarantee that they would have been happily married if the show never aired, but who knows?  Then there are those famous in their own mind, another Mom of 8 or more, if you know who I mean.  More times than not, with the exception of some, like the Duggar family,  what you see is more misery than expected.

I do love this family and am more amazed than creeped out. They fascinate me and their faith is amazing.  I just hope she makes the right decision about her health and having more babies....heaven forbid anything horrible happens to that family.  They seem so nice.  Call me crazy, but I crave the calmness of the family unity there.  It is nothing short of amazing how well run the family is.  I don't think I would survive home schooling though.  I am not that organized.  

So, what is fame?  Does it always come with a price?  Seems so.  Does it stop most? Yes.  Others are determined to make it big, then there are others who are famous in our hearts, like my Grandma, a forever legend in my heart.  So fame is subjective in my mind....you can become famous in the hearts of many or famous to those who come across in the path of life.  Whichever fame comes my way, I welcome with open arms, knowing that the only people I truly need to be famous for are those who are in my circle of influence....my family. 

Loudly yours,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment