Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ugly Betty

Recently, my family and I have discovered the wonders of Netflix.  One of my favorite parts of Netflix is the ability to watch sitcoms as well as movies.  As you can already tell by the title, one of my favorites is Ugly Betty. I have been addicted to the show so much so that I have been occasionally asked by my husband to detach myself from my addiction (thankfully, Netflix saves your selection at the last point you watched!!)  I love the characters, especially Betty since she always tries to do what is right and usually succeeds.  As a half Latina who was not popular in school, I find myself relating to her high school plights and really love to watch her as she always seems to save the day.   I am on the last season of Ugly Betty and even though I am excited to see how it all ends, I am also sad that they decided to end the show. Sometimes, my 8 yr old daughter watches with me....she looked at Betty and said, "she's not ugly!"  My daughter is so right...after all, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and Betty is beautiful in so many ways.


No comments:

Post a Comment