Monday, December 13, 2010

Tradition: Part two: The Advent Wreath

The advent wreath has been one of my favorite traditions.  I had an advent wreath as a child and I am happy to pass it along to my children.  This year, we tried something new and used tea lights in a tea light holder in place of the taper candles we usually use.  They are both beautiful and safe! It is fun to light the candles every night at dinner in anticipation of Christmas.  I also add a devotion from a blue book we get every year from church. It has a relevant story of the day followed by a reading from the bible.  Usually, the kids will get easily distracted, but they have come to settle down now and even the older kids take turns reading from the book.  It is a nice tradition I hope my kids will take with them when they leave the "nest".

Loudly yours,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment