Saturday, December 18, 2010

Goober: our newest Christmas family tradition!


GOOBER is our latest family tradition; so in honor of the jolly, little elf, I will welcome him with a little acrostic poem.

G is for the name the children chose for you
Obviously one I would not choose
On top of the tree or on the shelf you sit
Bursting with joy, secrets from a happy kid
Everyone trying their best in your sight
Really glad to have you here, you're a delight!

I think the hardest thing to do is remember to help Goober move to a different spot and to make up an excuse as to why he did not move!! Usually, I would blame one of the kids for touching him and tell them that I would ask Santa to restore his powers.  (they are not allowed to touch him, lest his powers leave him)  Of course, my 14 yr old, not buying any of it, taunts me by touching the little elf right in front of the kids.  Coal in the stocking for that one!! Ugh!  Thankfully, the kids survived and their belief did not wane due to the loss of his power, as it was magically restored.  One of the tough things about having 7 is trying to cater to the different age groups. It's like I have 2 different sets of kids; the first set, which I practically grew up together with, (my first three, all boys) Then the 2nd half, my daughters and one little feisty boy in the midst. It's quite the sight. Thankfully, I have the help of one little elf to make the kids settle....a little.  Who can help being excited before the birth of the newborn king?  New life is always something to be excited about...just ask my Sis in law, whose baby is on the way! ;0)

Loudly yours,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment