Sunday, May 6, 2012

Pruning....

At today's Mass, the Gospel focused on us being branches on vines and how we could not bear any fruit apart from the vine. It also spoke of the necessity of pruning the branches, in order for the branches to grow and provide more fruit.  Today, for me, is a day of pruning.




 
It was the last time four of my little Cherubs singers will be singing with me.  We sang for  the First Communicants, including my sweet Nephew, who crowned Mary before Mass began.  It was precious. 
( Even though, I forgot to turn on the mic on!)


The song is so sweet and an old tradition to honor Mary in the month of May.



It is almost fitting that a song to honor Mary, who was pruned most of her life was the last song my senior Cherubs will sing.... a bittersweet day for me as my little Cherubs will be moving on.


Does not sound like  big deal, but when you have a grand total of 8, it can be a bit worrisome.


It is a pruning that forces me to believe that God will provide some new little voices to sing twice a month prior to the 9 am Masses.


I will trust that God will send me some more little ones, but for now, I wish my little ones well, as they graduate to the big choir and that their voices blend with them to create even more beauty than they already have sung in our choir.


Loudly yours,


Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment