Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day recap 2012

Sore.  That is what I am the day after Mother's Day.  Why?  I spent it in the garden, ripping apart the front walkway flowerbeds.  I needed to get the beds weed free and ready to fight those weeds for the season.
It took me about 5 hours to finish.  I had some visitors who "helped" along the way and took some breaks with my awesome neighbors and my family, too.  

Mother's Day was busy in the morning, too as I sang at a Mass at 10:30 in a little Church about 10 minutes from my house, then a quick shot down a couple highways to my own Parish to sing there, too.


I love to sing, but I really wanted to be in the garden, digging in the dirt.  There is just something about getting into the soil that I just love.  

The funny thing is, I am not a fan of being dirty or smelling like dirt.  I am not even a fan of the way the kids smell after playing outside, especially in the dirt; but when I am in the dirt, I can't smell a thing.
My favorite thing to do every Mother's Day is to be given time, unhindered by disruption in the garden.  Yes, I am very sore from yesterday, but it is a happy sore.

And boy, do I still have a lot of work to do!!

Loudly yours,


Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment