Sunday, April 1, 2012

Palm Sunday

Palm Sunday always takes me back to when I was a little girl.  Sundays always meant dinner at Grandma's, but Palm Sunday was always a special occasion in the DePaasquale home in Newark, NJ.
Grandma always had the most delicious dinner in the planet, all home made.
I remember with such distinction climbing up the stairs to my Grandparent's Apartment with the amazing smell of Grandma's dinner cooking.
That smell is just unforgettable.
Regrettably, those times flew by way too quickly and today, it is sadly not the same.  I can't remember the last time I was with ALL of my cousins in one place at the same time.  I have to confess, it is not a small feat to get them all together.  There are 22 cousins in all and count in all our spouses or significant others and their children, the number goes up WAY higher.  I am not sure we will ever be in the same place at once.
Still longing for those "good old days", there is one thing I like to do to keep the memory of those days.  Palm weaving.

Every  year,  I make my favorite designs from a web site I visit every year on Palm Sunday.
www.italiansrus.com
It is an epicenter of all things Italian, including Palm Weaving Tutorials.  It is one of those forms of lost art that I am happy to report is kept alive through web sites like  Italians r us.
Check out some of the tutorials here.
Happy Palm Sunday!
Loudly yours,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment