Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Fools!

Been crazy busy, but had to pop in to share my best April Fools joke.  It was a long, long, time ago, but it was a good one, simple because I pulled it off. ;)

I was the 3rd key manager at a local store in our area (that's like asst, asst manager) that caters to the trend setting, night club/ teenager type of woman. (Or those of us who want just one piece to jazz up our wardrobes a little bit) 

It was a normal, busy day and there were a fair amount of people in the store.  My manager was at the front of the store, straitening the merchandise and what not.  I was toward the back of the store and was devising a plan to trick her.  I was pacing the dressing room floor and presto! It came to me.  Our dressing room was the type that was open with mirrors all around and everyone could, well, you know....see each other. I would pretend that a man was in the dressing room trying on women's clothing.....very awkward if you were a woman trying on clothes.  


So, I got as hysterical as I could, and ran toward the front of the store, yelling, "Mary! Mary! There's a transvestite in the dressing room trying on clothes!!! I don't know what to do!!"  She ran, in a panic to the dressing room (God knows what was going through her mind) and when she got there...you got it....APRIL FOOLS!!!  She was so mad, but only for a minute, then was cool with it.  Mission accomplished.

These days, its not as lively in the April Fools department in my life, but that's ok.  I got to fool Nathan yesterday when I told him there was no school.  (He was half asleep)  April Fools!

Thankfully, the snow storm that never was is in the books.

I guess Mother Nature played her own April Fools joke.  Fine by me!

Loudly yours,


Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment