Thursday, March 24, 2011

Reminiscing....

I have to say, music is a huge part of my life and music has a way of sucking me in or bringing me back through my life.  Lately, there have been some songs that have hit home for me in the "bringing me back" department.  One song in particular is Landslide by Fleetwood Mac. Fleetwood Mac was a "life soundtrack" band for me throughout my high school years. Stevie Nicks was one of my favorite artists and I would just hang on every word she sang and loved to dance around to her songs, especially Gypsy.  (A favorite pet name given to me as a child)
Anyway, listening to Landslide today just tugs at my heart because it is one of those songs that brings back memories (not always the best ones, but memories, none the less.) and is relevant to my life today.  When I was in High School, the words "I'm getting older, too" did not mean much to me, but now that I have kids, it is way more relevant to where I am today.  Sometimes when I hear a song, it make me think happy thoughts and at times, my memory reveals why, sometimes, not.  Funny, how life is like that.

Loudly yours,

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment