Monday, October 11, 2010

Why we yell....

I have been thinking about creating this blog for about a year.  Why did I wait so long to start it? I am not exactly sure why.  Maybe because it's because I have 7 kids.........maybe its because I have an extremely full schedule, running 20+ miles on the treadmill a week, working full time (thankfully in and around my family), leading a children's choir, cantoring weekly Mass, funeral masses and weddings? Perhaps.......but the creation of this blog has been nagging at me and here I am with the inaugural entry to Why we yell.

So what with the name?  I come from a yelling background; half Italian, half Spanish, both typical yelling cultures. Plus, I have 7 loud children and I am, well....loud.  Do we yell all the time? No, but just a lot of it. We yell when we are happy, we yell when we are sad....then there are times in the middle where it is calm, but not for long....for the empty space just seems to not have a place in our humble abode.  Thankfully, my family is musical, so much of the yelling is musical or music related, so it is tolerable most of the time. 

I think I wanted to focus on the why of it and the joy of it at times.  We are an excitable bunch and we ride hard.  Plus, another reason I personally yell, is that I think my hubby (who accuses me of mumbling all the time) could use that super ear tool at the "As seen on TV" section.  Be clear on one thing...I may be hard on my family and at times critical, but I love them all just the same....and would never return any of them.


Loudly yours,

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment