Monday, November 22, 2010

When its time....

One of the things I do appreciate about having 7 kids is the messages they bring to my life.  I tend to be a normal, selfish human being and I sometimes think God gave me 7 to teach me lessons 7 times over.  I sometimes will tell people that my kids are my greatest teacher and I am a very poor student.  Unfortunately, there is a great shortage of tutors of this "schooling".  

I am lucky to have an inner voice that speaks loudly enough for me to hear and sometimes, my kids set off the inner voice by their actions.  Let me explain.  

Once I was making one of the kids their breakfast and it was oatmeal that day.  I boiled the water and poured it into the bowl of dry oatmeal, all while she whined and moaned; "Mom!! Give it to me! I want it! I'm hungry! C'mon!!!  Please! Mom!!"  I held the bowl up above her head, fully knowing that the oatmeal would burn her if I gave it to her.  "Honey....its too hot! You can't have it yet!" "No! You have to wait!" Of course this would spur her to continue on...."but I'm hunnnnngrrry! I want it now!!"
All of a sudden, the voice came into my head: "See, if I give you what you want now, you will not be able to handle it."

WHAT!?!  Then, all of a sudden, it hit me.  I had been praying to God that he would bless me and make my direct selling business a success and He was telling me that I was not ready.  WAIT?! I had been in the business for so long.  Why would I have to wait longer?   

Who did I sound like?  Just like my child.  I think sometimes we, as Moms, get a little glimpse (just a minuscule sliver) of what God feels like toward us, His children both in love and frustration.  It would just overwhelm me sometimes, to think the God would love me (all of us) more than I could ever love one of my babies in my arms.  I remember adoring my infant babies and sometimes it would feel as if my heart were to burst from the love I was feeling for them.   The feeling is incredible.  

Fast forward to today....I am not as involved in that direct selling business, but God has blessed me with a business that has been able to afford me the successes I was seeking way back when.  I guess God was right after all....I wasn't ready back then.  I am glad I am ready now.

Loudly yours,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment