Friday, December 7, 2012

Gratitude journal day 10 and 11

Today I am grateful for God's little messages to me in my life. 

I have been going for a pretty big goal in my business. I'm pushing hard for it making it a focus on my life lately... but I just seem kind of stuck. Well, this morning while I was dropping off my kids at the bus today, I got a little message with a big meaning.  As the kids were getting out of the car, my son who always love to be first, shoved his sister to get in line to be first on the bus. The bus driver witnessed this and did not open the bus door leaving him out in the cold for a little longer than he is usually used to. She wanted to make a point that he was not making the right decision by shoving to get on the bus first without thinking of others before him. As soon as it happened I knew that there was some kind of message for me, but it took awhile for me to understand. 

Later that morning, with the help of one of my leaders, I was able to decipher the message.The tugging at my heart was God trying to tell me not to be so quick to be first when it come to building g my business. That rushing to get to my goal was not most important and that just like my Son, I was going to be made to wait until I focused on others first. It made me stop and really think. My Mentor also guided me into understanding that I was making an idol of my goal and that I wanted it so badly that it would not come. I had to let go. Let others ahead of me. Be patient. 
Be patient.  Not. easy. 
I am a Red/ Blue personality and I have very little tolerance for waiting. Anyone who knows me, knows I am usually chomping at the bit to get to whatever goal there is. Even if it is to church on time. 

So, what I am grateful for this 10th day of the Gratitude Journal?

God's Messages
My Business Leader
The Ability to hear the message and understand.




DAY 11

Today, I am grateful for my cleaning help...some might say staff. They are the wonderful women who help me keep a handle on my home. One lady comes twice a month and the other, every day for about a little more than an hour to help me with light cleaning./straightening and laundry. I am so grateful for their help and I could not do it without them. I look forward to my business building up enough to have them around more often! :)











I am also grateful for extended family.  I have a cousin in town visiting that I have not seen in person in a long time and I am excited to see her!  I love having visits with family who I don't normally see. It is so much fun for me.  She will be married soon and I am excited to hear about her future plans. 

Lastly, I am grateful for Community Leaders, specifically those popping up on the Barrier Islands of NJ. It is so great to see the people who can and are willing to take charge and take matters into their hands. One of them is a 26 year old, who makes it happen for the people of Ortley Beach, NJ. It is so great to have someone so enthusiastic and willing to make a change.

Check out the video here:

 http://fios1news.com/longisland/node/22826

Loudly yours,

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment